Monday, June 27, 2005

The Simple Life

I've been a pretty busy grasshopper since Friday afternoon.

So first off, I've been debating this tattoo I've wanted since I saw it on a girl in The Matrix sequels. I can't remember her name in the movie but she was the girlfriend of the guy that was the pilot I think, and I can't even remember his name. Her name in real life is Nona Gaye, that much I do know cause I googled her incessantly trying to find a good shot of this tatt.

ANYWAY... so that actually didn't pan out and I kinda let it go which tells me I must not have wanted it there as bad as I originally thought cause once I decided I wanted a dragon there instead I was sitting at the tattoo parlor pouring through books before the words were barely out of my mouth. And 'there' being on my bicep so when I'm standing facing someone, the tattoo is looking back at you (Hey how ya doin' *wink wink*)

So I got this (what I think is) very cool reddish/brownish dragon. I've never gotten one quite this big so I'm still thinking oooohhhhh ddeeeaarrr... everytime I look at it, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Too bad if I don't HA! Too late now. Oh well. If Angelina can pull them off...

yeah... I'm no Angelina but don't tell me psyche that

So my cat was acting weird Friday night. She's almost 15 so when she starts acting weird you don't waste any time getting her to the vet. Turns out it looks like she got a bite or scratch from another animal and it got infected. And it's on her butt. *snort* I was SO relieved to hear it was just an infection though. She looked pretty rough Saturday morning and I was preparing for the worst. But mah baby's got some time yet. I think that might have been life #9 though. She's been through alot in her life from a car accident, a caesarean section, mastitis, gingivitis, and now an infected butt. If she was human she'd be the crankiest bitch on the block. But she loves her mama and isn't afraid to show me so she can be as mean as she wants to everyone else.

Since it was 9 million degrees here Saturday and in my delirium from the heat I somehow mistakenly thought my last name was Rockafeller, I went out and bought a pool. Not a huge inground affair, although that would have been FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC, but it's a good size. It's 10ft long and the water comes up to your chest when you sit in it. Just enough to get cooled off in the heat and keep the Kid from driving everyone absolutely INSANE this summer whining how she's hot and bored. I told her even if we end up eating KD all week it was worth every cent.

So back to work this morning with a nice tan and an itchy new tattoo. Thank god it's a short week here in Kanada. I'm working on my social phobia and have invited some friends over Thurs eve for beverages, then we're heading out to see a friend's band play. I have a good feeling it'll be lots of fun. Can't go wrong with friends, beverages and good tunes. Salut!

1 comment:

Maxx said...

Those little pools are great for tanning! I've owned a couple of those too. If you get a blow up type one you can lay in it and rest your head on the side and keep cool while you tan. But this new one rawks. The only downside is the only good spot I had for it is in the shade, but I guess I won't have to deal with a sunburnt kid this way either.