Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Even Freaks Need Love Too

"Hello how are things in **** may be heading your way in the next month or so I am taking a heavy equipment course in **** not sure of the start date.
Maybe we can have a cup of coffee sometime tell a few weird stories bye for now Paul"


Again with the coffee.

I talked to this man for a few hours one night and although he seemed somewhat interesting, he came off as way more religious than I prefer. Don't get me wrong, I believe to each his own, but seeing as I'm not even christian, I don't see a future here.

However we had alot in common. I had a really interesting experience while talking to him online that I hesitate mentioning for fear of causing brain hemorrages from the eye-rolling that will occurr, but I think it's pertinent to mention to explain why I feel it's necessary that I meet him in person.

I get visits from time to time... from people... that uh... aren't alive anymore. Yes, I see dead people. Not all the time and I can't seem to do it 'on command' (although to be honest I've hardly ever tried- be careful what you wish for comes to mind), but if there's a strong one that wants to be heard dammit he's gonna be heard. I'm not here to defend or debate this ability. I have it, I have enough witness and proof. The End.

So anyway, I'm chatting away to Mr. I Believe In Angels and almost right off the bat I'm getting some old British guy demanding I say hello to Mr Angel. I'm trying to ignore him not wanting to reveal just how fucking insane I can be within minutes of meeting someone new, but he was REALLY persistent. According to his profile, the live guy, not the dead one, he professed to be into the paranormal so I'm thinking well... it's kind of a requirement if you're gonna hook up wit moi, so let's test just how into it he really is.

So I start by asking if he knows Roy. Who is Roy. Does he know Roy. So after some back and forth and describing this gentleman and passing on the message to say 'hello to his mum and they'll be having tea soon' he tries to test me a few times with some questions for Roy, then finally fesses up he knows who it is. Yeah whatever buddy. Do you think I like having these dudes following me around interrupting my day insisting I go deliver their messages? Do I LOOK like Fedex for the dearly departed? I joke to my friend that my name is on some community bulletin board in the afterlife. 'For communicaton with the living, please see....'

So Mr. Angel is impressed and shares with me a freaky occurence or two that happened to him and I listen and think... yeah. There are lots of things that can be chalked up to pure coincidence. Not everything can be attributed to 'spiritual intervention'. I'm sure my friend will back my up when I say I am certainly a believer, I have no choice, but I will look for every other possible explaination before I start running around telling everyone about the footsteps up the stairs although there's clearly no one there.

And there I go being too critical again. I'm trying to stop doing that. He did know which town I live in and that's a bit of a mystery to me. Unless you can get someone's IP in an msn chat, or from hotmail I have no idea how he knew where I was.

Anyway... I didn't mean to turn this into ghost story time. I'm interested in meeting this guy because he claims to have abilities. I'm always interested in meeting freaky people. And I can get a better sense of him in person. A friend and I had a conversation one time about how we were both really good at summing a person up in seconds... but how much of that is intuition, reading energy or just being really good at reading body language. He seems to put more into the intuition part of it but I don't know. Maybe so.

I can honestly say I'm not really excited in the sense that I think a romance is going to come out of it. He's too 'godly' for my tastes... not that that's a bad thing. One of my dearest friends is a minister. We just don't talk about religion. I respect his beliefs like he respects mine. I just can't see how a relationship can develop between those two. I had a dear devout Mormon friend, still is a friend, but we were toying with the idea of marrying each other. He's a great guy, but besides the whole religious thing, I just couldn't see it working between us for other reasons. Maybe I'm the religious snob. Huh. I must ponder this further. I've chosen not to start relationships with church-going types, even though they seem to think it's no biggie. I think I had it in my head they thought once they got me under their spell they could 'save me'. ha... ha... HHAHAHAHHAHA yeah that ship has sailed my brutha.

I haven't really talked to Mr. I Live Through My Kids again. Once, I think, and he wasn't very talkative at all. So why bother saying Hi at all if you don't want to talk to me? Again, immaturity rears it's ugly head.

I'm probably going to regret posting this about the dead people thing after I actually post it. I waffle with not giving a flip who knows and trying to keep it a secret except from anyone I know who won't roll their eyes and say 'yeah right'. I have developed friendships with a group of people over the last year, other folks with similar stories and you just have no idea how great it feels to be able to talk about your latest experiences with freakiness like others discuss new recipes, to be able to get support and guidance makes you feel giddy. Just to know you're not insane (I say that dubiously) is an unbelievable relief.

Wow did I get off topic today. And I'll probably sit here for a good 30 minutes trying to decide if I should hit Publish Post or not.

hhhmmmmmmmmm....

4 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

Having seen her in action, I can definitely attest to the validity of what she's saying, so if anyone is eye-rolling, poke your finger in it now.

You know what's weird, is that I have that whole 'church going' avoidance too. I don't know what it is. I think of myself as spiritual, but to me religion is a man-made thing most often used to control people through a certain mindset. It becomes exclusionary and I keep thinking 'what's the point in that'. And technically, if God or whatever your deity of choice is, is everywhere, why do we need churches?

What the hell was I talking about again? Crap, I've been doing that all day, getting off topic...oh right, church goers...yeah I find it weird to think of dating a guy that goes to church. I'm not sure what that's about either.

Maxx said...

Speaking of dead people... I just saw the manipulative cunt and her syncophant friend across the street. Obviously they must have strapped on the feed bag somewhere around here. I wonder if I walked right past them when I went for coffee. AHAHAHA. I do not see you do not see you... you are dead to me (she says in Nora Desmond fashion).

Yeah, so religious people... while it's a good thing if it makes you a better person, it's just not my bag baby. It's kinda like I can't date anyone that likes country music. It's just another thing that if one person likes it and the other doesn't, well you gotta problem.

Kelly Boyce said...

Musical tastes I'm fine with, since mine are pretty much all over the board. But hairy backs I have a problem with. Hmm...you know I'm beginning not to wonder so much why we're still single. Oh and hunters - I won't date someone that thinks a fun way to spend a day is hunting down woodland creatures and killing them.

Maxx said...

It's not that I have a predjudice against someone that digs country music, it's just been my experience that there's a whole cultural difference... kinda like people that go to the opera all the time. It's not the music per sey, but the lifestyle that usually accompanies it that comprises the incompatibility.

hairy backs... *shudders*... hell no.

Remember that dude I dated and really liked... til I found out he liked to hunt? Definite deal breaker.