Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Monday Wisdom

" Some people are the bowling ball... and some people are the pin. The question is Peanut, do ya wanna be the ball or the pin?"

Gawd I love Dead Like Me. Mandy Patinkin (sp?) is now my god. I shall pray to him and sacrifice shoes in his honor while I dance naked around a large fire.

Okay... sacrificing shoes is bit extreme.

So the unemployment thing is... going. I kinda zonked out on doing anything productive for say the last week or so, but I saw an ad today for a PRIMO job (benefits and NO WEEKENDS can I get a YEEHAW) and I know the manager, so provided the pay is there it sounds tasty. But it also served to kind of restart the engines that had stalled. Got me all excited again instead of just sitting around being overwhelmed.

Do you remember the movie Mr. Mom? Of course you do. Everybody remembers that movie. Okay, remember when he got laid off and ended up laying around the house, not doing much of anything, wearing the same clothes every day, making grilled cheese sandwiches with the same iron he's ironing clothes with... " This house is a mess Jack, YOU'RE a mess Jack!" with the beard and the flannel shirt he wore for like weeks?

" Mom... can we have real food for supper tonight? PLEASE?"

np: "Reason To Be Beautiful" - Hole

2 comments:

Kelly Boyce said...

I've loved Mandy Patinkin since The Princess Bride when he said he wasn't going to fight to the death, he was going to fight to the pain. And of course the classic:'My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.' Hehehe...I love that line.

Maxx said...

Oh god YES!! ahahahah! I had forgotten all about that. I loved him in Princess Bride.

Come, dance with me around the fire and throw shoes into it in his honor (you can use old shoes you don't wear anymore. I'm sure he'd be okay with that)