Monday, March 27, 2006

Est que je peux une vanilla latte por favor?

Sometimes I feel like that poor stupid rat that gets zapped everytime it goes for the cheese, but just keeps doing it anyway.

I have a date next weekend. The plans are loose at this point but they do involve meeting up for coffee on Saturday. While so far he hasn't set off any of my mental red flags (other than that whole 'death metal' thing), past experience won't let me get too excited until I meet the dude face to face. And hear him speak. In full sentences. With no speech inpediment or words that make no sense. And odd nervous ticks count against him. Sorry- call me shallow. I don't care. But I dare any of you to tell me you honestly think a facial tick is sexy. Puhlease. While Terrets can be humourous, it's certainly not sexy.

But yeah, so as long as he is what I think he is, then just maybe I might actually get me some this decade.

And my house is rented! YAAAHHHH!!! Real estate dude came through for me! So now I'll have a little extra moola each month which I SHOULD be putting away... for... something... but for now I'm having too much fun shopping and drinking lattes and these things cost money dammit. I have a life now dammit and lives cost money dammit. I am just SOOOO unbelievably thrilled I don't have to make one more trip to New Cracker to clean out that house. It is finito and buddy moves in on Monday. A-fucking-men. I am now officially... a 'Landlord'. Fear me. Bow to me. Or not. Whatever.

I feel so relieved. I know there were SOME people who probably hoped things would not work out for me on this whole move, so to you I say NAH NAH NAH FUCKING NAH BITCH. I got a great job doing a quarter of the work I was doing before for more pay, I really like the apartment we moved into, my house is rented so there's a little extra money for me, and I live in the city. So please, continue to enjoy your stagnant little life in your stagnant little town while you hear through the grape vine how great I'm doing.

In reality I really should thank her for being such a cunt because in a way she was one of the contributing factors that pushed me to do what I wanted to do all along.

Yeah, maybe later.

np: (Good Riddance) Time of Your Life - Green Day (* I swear I'm not making it up. It just came on the radio. Talk about karma or what)

1 comment:

Kelly Boyce said...

Ahahahaha...Good Riddance..too funny. I'm not surprised at all things fell into place. So it shall be written, so it shall be done. The oracle has spoken. And don't forget to keep me posted on the date. I need to live vicariously thru you for the moment. And let's hope it is only a moment because day-um if I'm not tired of waiting.